Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Beauty Review: Rimmel's Clean Finish Matte Foundation

It's been a long while since I've posted something about beauty and that's one of my likes in this life! MAKEUP!!

Now, I usually let you guys know what products i love or have worked for me, but today I have one that was a disappointment.

Mind you, this is my own personal opinion and perhaps this product works for you, depending on your skin type.

I bought Rimmel's Clean Finish Matte Foundation in soft ivory about six months ago (i like to give each product a fair shot and test them out a handful of times as I've been using three different foundation/bases in these last months depending on the occassion.)What attracted me to it was that it claimed to mattify my face which was like, Hello, awesome! I need you, like now!

My skin is so completely oily that I have to blot it every hour. This foundation did in fact help give my face a more mattifying look for about 3-4 hours in the day, but i still had to blot my face.

Unfortunately, this foundation didn't quite soak into my skin. If there are any dry patches on your skin, they will show up like a green eyed monster. Yeh, I don't know why I said, that's the first thing that came to mind lol.

Anyways, I would recommend that you use a silicone based primer before you apply this foundation PLUS moisturize your face first (i typically use a sunscreen specifically for my face that won't cause breakouts.)

This foundation is pretty thick in texture and comes with a little spatula attached to the cap to help scoop out the foundation. I actually put some on the back of my hand and mixed in a bit more of the said above sunscreen into it to help thin it out.

I picked the shade soft ivory which was a shade too light for me, but that was my own fault. I couldn't justify spending $6 more dollars to buy a shade darker in this same formula of foundation, I just wasn't too impressed.

Out of five stars I'd give this product two stars.

Would I buy it again? No.
Would I suggest this product to you? Maybe. It depends on your skin type and how oily your skin tends to be.

It just didn't work for me. On the upside, I can tell you that I LOVE LOVE Rimmel's lipsticks which are good quality for the price, but we'll save those for another day.

Thanks for reading!
 photo signature_zps68838d56.png

No comments: