Wednesday, March 6, 2013

WIW: green & yellow + perla style

Another Wednesday is here which means another edition of what i wore

Also, if you don't remember,  Perla is my grandparent's dog. Nana had Perla all dressed up in a new dress complete with ruffles today hence; Perla style was born!


As with every mid-week visit with my grandparents {i am so blessed}, my grandpa, perla and I take a stroll in my neighborhood. I always enjoy these walks with my grandpa as we typically chat about family, movies or tv shows and things happening in the world. Of course, Perla enjoys them as well as she gets to sniff the fresh air and grassy weeds as she re-marks her territories! haha

While out and about this afternoon, I snapped some pics of Perla and grandpa kindly snapped these photos of me.


perla's dress//walmart

Dress//Target, earrings// Target, ribbon//my own

I can't believe how quickly March is passing already. 
I sometimes get overwhelmed at how much I want to do and what seems like not enough time in my day.

somebody needs to color her hair!

Procrastination is no stranger to me. 
"oh i will do that tomorrow."
"later."
"i just don't want to think about it."
 
Tomorrow becomes the day after tomorrow.

I feel good about myself when I make some progress, even if that means I get coupons clipped or an email composed in 15 minutes! Small steps my friends, small steps.

We can do one thing at a time. We can't do everything at once.
my ghetto armrest!

So my point of the story is: I love to soak up the time I get to spend taking walks with my grandpa and perla. Pleasant conversation. Watching cute Perla. Vitamin D and sunshine (usually). A nice, relaxing breathe of fresh air to easy my mind and fill my soul.

What do you do to relax or to take a breather?



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful dog!
I have started relaxing by writing in a paper journal that my husband bought me. I love my blog, but it is nice to get away from the Internet and digital devices sometimes.

Clara Schoen said...

Love the bow! To relax, I go on a walk or clean out the house! Doesnt sound too relaxing actually but it does help destress:)

Unknown said...

oh perla you are such a beautiful furry girl in your new pink dress!
it's so sweet that you visit your grandparents every week britt. i would love to have mine here still and would do anything to take a walk with my grandpa. :) cherish every moment.
(pretty green dress by the way) :)

still being [molly] said...

that green dress is SUCH a pretty color on you, britt!! and the bow in your hair is TOO adorable. also, i kind of can't get over how cute that pup is!

Unknown said...

What a cute dog & your bow is cute too :)

I relax with a good book, cooking, or organizing my handbag collection :)

Penniless Socialite said...

I have those same earrings from Target. You just reminded me I need to wear them more often..haha. Your grandparents' pup is too cute!
Tara
Penniless Socialite

Sarah said...

Perla is a doll! Love her outfit!!

Such a good reminder! One thing at a time and it will all eventually get done!

holli said...

You are too cute with your Target style and Perla is too much with her outfits! Oh my gosh precious.
Its so great that you visit your grandparents weekly. My grandma is 2 hours away and i'm visiting her this weekend. She is so special to me. I went to target last night to buy some goo gone and came out with 6 bags. yikes!