Monday, February 11, 2013

birthday bash weekend // saturday

Saturday was spent preparing all day for the party which started at 5 p.m.

I literally had to sit in the corner of my room for hours while my ventilator battery and ventilator itself were being charged so i could be mobile for the duration of the party + after! ;)

with my brother being here, he had went and visited + SURPRISED my nana & grandpa at their house BEFORE coming to the party, since they wouldn't be able to make the party. 
My grandpa + night driving= no bueno.

My dad, stepmom, bro and sister arrived around 2:30pm to help set up and figure with the help of Heide where we'd set up food and tables since it was raining and all muddy next door! My dad also assembled and baked the taquitos around this time.

My mom and friend lorraine arrived around 4:30 with food in hand, with them haven't had the chance of seeing my brother yet.

Alaska and his gf arrived around 4 to get ready for the party.

1:30 I started putting my makeup on. 
3:30 sandy bought a helium tank, so me, James, sister J, bubba & sofia blew up, tied and grouped the  15 balloons together. which btw, I know Janet got some cool photos of us doing this lol.
4:30 i go potty and change into my night clothes
5:00 aunt june rescues my hair and does the finishing touches
5:15 i go see my AMAZING cake that my friend Lisa made from scratch in her home. (i had no idea how it  was going to look)
5:20 the party is officially set in motion!!
5:30-10:00 taking lots of pictures with my guests, talking, taking bites of my dinner, laughing, greeting, belly  dancing/drums entertaining,roasting marshmallows, breathing treatment
10:45 the last guests leave except my cousin Brookie who stayed and hung out with me (i finally got eat at this time! lol i started getting cranky because i was hungrayyy!), my brother, his gf and James.
11:30 i start to get ready for bed
12:30 alaska comes and chats with me for a bit
2:00 AM- go to sleep

FUN, but CRAZY night celebrating with 80 wonderful people!

I'll let  these photos from the night do the talking!







a wonderful birthday with special memories made and a reunion of sorts.

Here are some of the pretty details:

Menu
chicken mole
flour tortillas
beef + chicken taquitos
chicken enchiladas
spanish rice
refried beans
2 kinds of salsa
tortilla chips
green chile
fruit salad
veggie tray
7 layer bean dip
salad
cupcakes
cookies
hot coco
punch
 
90% of the food was HOMEMADE by my awesome family and friends!

Little Extras:
black or red balloons with white polka dots
handmade card box with red, b&w
flatware wrapped in white napkins tied with 2 different shades of pink ribbon
handmade happy day banner







4 comments:

Lauren said...

How fun! Glad you had a great birthday!! That cake is awesome!

holli said...

What a fun party! The cake is too dang cute.

A Proverbs 31 Wife said...

Aw, it looks like you had a lot of fun! Happy late birthday if I didn't tell you that already :)

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had SO much fun, and your cake is amazing!