Monday, February 20, 2012

waking up

I literally had the song "aftermath" w/lyrics by hillsong united
in my brain as I was being woken up this morning! I haven't listened to it in a while and decided, "I need this song in my collection" so i downloaded it on itunes.

Enjoy this worship song:


Also when I went to the kitchen to eat breakfast, i drove up to the table and I sipped my first sip of warm coffee. i savored the taste and comfort of it for 10 seconds. {I am trying to practice being more mindful and grateful for the little things that make my heart happy.} I literally began to smile a little smile, because God gave me another day. The skies were blue and the sun was shining today.

"Freedom found in Your scars
In Your grace my life redeemed
For You chose to take the sinner's crown
As You placed Your crown on me"

Being more mindful and grateful, i feel is one way to show thanks and praise to the One who gave up his life for me. In Him, my physical body may not be healed right now, but my spirit sure is awakened to his mercy and love .I continue to wake up to all the goodness He has given me(and i am SO NOT a morning person). I am constantly waking up to an infinite amount of love that is all around me and occasionally fail to notice. There are days when I feel crappy, when I feel irritable or am less than patient and i can't stand myself when i am those ways. However, there are days when all is well and I have to give credit to God for enabling such blessings. Wherever I go and however I am, I know God is with me.

"And I know that You're with me
Yes I know that You're with me here
And I know Your love will light the way"

No matter "where" you may be in your life, I believe God is there for you. I know that He loves us. Because of God's love, I am able to 'stand' firmly in who I am. I see God's favor in little things that make me happy: greeting a stranger walking his/her dog, someone letting me go ahead in line, surprise snail mail/text/email from a friend or family member. These are little reminders to us that we are not forgotten. I think of accepting God's love as refreshing as splashing water on your face on a hot summer day. I thank God for every day that I wake up. No doubt, He is still tinkering away at my heart. I know I am not alone as I try to find my way in the dark, as Psalm 119:105 says, "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."
He helps me see what I couldn't before.

1 comment:

Sue said...

I love your uplifting posts- they make me happy! Thanks for sharing darling.